Our Pahrump criminal defense attorneys have a long track record of getting criminal charges dismissed or reduced, including DUIs, traffic tickets, and drug crimes. And Nye County our clients usually never have to come to court themselves since we can appear on their behalf.
In this article, we will discuss:
- 1. What happens after a Pahrump arrest?
- 2. Where can I post bail?
- 3. Where is the Beatty Courthouse?
- 4. Where are the police located?
- 5. Who is the prosecutor?
- 6. What are common Pahrump crimes?
- 7. Can charges get dismissed?
- 8. Do I need a lawyer?
1. What happens after a Pahrump arrest?
Police book arrestees at the Pahrump Jail, located at 1521 E. Siri Lane, Pahrump, NV 89060. The jail may be reached at (775) 751-7027.
2. Where can I post bail?
People may pay bail with cash or through bondsmen at any time of the day at the Pahrump Jail at 1521 E. Siri Lane, Pahrump, NV 89060. For more information, see our article on how to bail out an inmate at the Pahrump Jail.
3. Where is the Pahrump Courthouse?
The Pahrump Justice Court is located at 1520 E. Basin Avenue, Pahrump, NV 89060. It can be reached at (775) 751-7050. Operating hours are Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 5 PM, except for holidays. The general public may see daily court schedules at the Pahrump Justice Court calendar.
Pahrump Justice Court hears all cases involving crimes that allegedly occurred within city limits. The court hears every stage of misdemeanor cases up through the final resolution. But felony cases which are not resolved by the preliminary hearing stage are transferred (“bound over”) to Nye County District Court, which is located in the same building as Justice Court.
4. Where are the police located?
The Nye County Sheriff’s Office – South Area Command is located at 1521 E. Siri Lane, Pahrump, NV 89060. The police may be reached at (775) 751-7000.
On Nevada State Route 160 (Blue Diamond Road), drivers may be cited or arrested by law enforcement officers with the Nevada Highway Patrol.
5. Who is the prosecutor?
The Nye County District Attorney’s Office prosecutes criminal as well as traffic cases in Pahrump, Nevada. The office is located in the same building as the Justice Court at 1520 E. Basin Avenue, Pahrump, NV 89041. The phone number is (775) 751-7080.
6. What are common Pahrump crimes?
7. Can charges get dismissed?
Criminal defense attorneys are often able to negotiate with prosecutors to dismiss or substantially reduce criminal charges. Many first-time offenders are given the opportunity to go on probation and complete various terms such as community service instead of jail time.
8. Do I need a lawyer?
Anyone facing criminal charges in Nye County is encouraged to hire private counsel for these reasons:
- Private defense attorneys can appear in court on behalf of their clients (most of the time);
- Odds are much higher that the charges will be reduced or dismissed since lawyers know how to craft a defense to raise reasonable doubt; and
- Prosecutors take defendants with their own attorneys more seriously and are more likely to offer them good plea deals.
Do not face criminal charges alone…
An arrest is not a conviction. Our Nye County criminal defense attorneys have decades of experience negotiating and litigating all kinds of legal issues and achieving successful resolutions. If you have been charged in Pahrump, phone our Nevada criminal defense lawyers for legal advice.
Our law office has many practice areas, including criminal law, DUI defense, domestic violence, white collar crimes, personal injury law (including car accidents), family law, estate planning, and probate. We are based in Clark County (including Las Vegas, NV and Henderson), but our Super Lawyer-rated attorneys provide legal help to people charged with every type of criminal offense in Nye County and throughout Nevada.
- Official Site for Pahrump Justice Court
- Official Site for Fifth Judicial District Court (Nye County District Court)
- Official Site for City of Pahrump
- Nye County District Attorney’s Office
- Nevada State Bar (3100 W Charleston Blvd., Ste. 100, Las Vegas, NV 89102)
See more information on our Nye County Criminal Defense Attorneys