When your freedom, reputation and livelihood are on the line, you should trust your case to someone with experience and a proven track record of courtroom success. With twenty-three years in the courtroom, Las Vegas criminal defense lawyer Michael will work aggressively to get your case dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense. And if your case …
The best defense is a good offense. A Harvard Law School alum, Las Vegas criminal defense lawyer Neil Shouse used to work as a deputy district attorney, so he knows firsthand the tactics and tricks the state uses to convict citizens of crimes. Mr. Shouse now takes advantage of his five-years of experience as a …
A Super Lawyer’s Rising Star, Michael Castillo usually achieves favorable case resolutions (such as charge reductions or dismissals in criminal defense cases or hefty settlements in personal injury cases) without having to go to trial. But if trial is necessary, he is an experienced courtroom attorney with “not guilty” verdicts to his credit.
Se habla español. Alexander graduated from the University of Miami School of Law magna cum laude and earned entry into Order of the Coif. He gained vast experience in criminal defense and immigration law from his past employment with the Clark County District Attorney, the Broward County Public Defender, the University of Miami Immigration Clinic, and the Office of the Chief Immigration Judge with the U.S. Department of Justice. Skilled at both the appellate and trial levels, Alex is devoted to fighting for the best resolution possible for his clients.
Charles Goodwin (查尔斯古德温) hails from UNLV’s Boyd School of Law, where he excelled at moot court and scored the highest grade in three of his law school classes, including Immigration and Statutory Interpretation. Charles also completed highly-coveted externships with the Federal Public Defenders Office and the Clark County Public Defender, where he gained invaluable experience in all types of felony and misdemeanor cases. Charles speaks fluent Mandarin. 讲西班牙语。
Nevada criminal defense attorney Sophie Salcedo is Las Vegas Defense Group’s newest recruit. Sophie graduated summa cum laude from the University of New Mexico, where she received the Clauve Outstanding Senior Award. Then she earned her J.D. from Emory Law School., where she was Regional President of the Law Student Division of the Hispanic National Bar Association.
Daria received her J.D. from UNLV Law School, where she earned a Dean’s Award and served on Nevada Law Journal. Her article on Nevada’s prostitution laws won the law school’s Carl W. Tobias “Excellence in Writing” Award for best student note. An employee at Las Vegas Defense Group since 2009, Daria is also licensed to practice law in Wisconsin and Washington, D.C.
- Victor Vigna – Victor is a former cop with nearly three decades of experience as an investigator. Now he uses his firsthand account of how things go down “on the other side” to help our clients escape convictions.
- Erik Trolson – Often the first Las Vegas Defense Group team member our clients meet, Erik keeps the front of the house in order so our attorneys can do what THEY do best. Erik hails to us from University of Nevada, Reno, where he recently earned a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice. As a student, Erik gained valuable experience working at …
- Daniel Minor – Former police officer and chief of police Daniel Minor now uses his decades of experience in the criminal justice system to help keep our clients informed, empowered, and comforted throughout the duration of their cases. “Helping others has always come naturally to me. I was brought up with this value and was able to apply …
- Nancy Green – As a case manager to Las Vegas Defense Group, Nancy Green is dedicated to keeping each of our clients informed and comforted from the time they contact us up through their case’s final resolution. “I’m like the ‘front of the house’ because I manage client intake and relations,” Nancy explains. “And whenever our lawyers are …
- Brenda Ruiz – Se habla español. Las Vegas Defense Group paralegal Brenda Ruiz has extensive legal experience and is especially skilled at Nevada record seals. Brenda holds an associate degree from Everest College in criminal justice.
- Kiiya Rodgers – Kiiya has a paralegal Associate’s Degree from Northwest Career College, where she studied Iegal ethics, criminal law and procedure, civil litigation, research methodology, and psychology. She helps our criminal defense attorneys by liaising with clients, processing routine court documents and filings, and keeping our office running smoothly.
- Sarah Llausas – Se habla español. Paralegal extraordinaire Sarah Llausas holds a Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice from Nevada State College, where she was honored as a Nepantla Scholar and made Dean’s List twice.
- Claudia Gensler – Se habla español. From her previous experience working at a notable Las Vegas immigration law firm, Las Vegas Defense Group paralegal Claudia Gensler gained fluency in the mountain of paperwork that can seem overwhelming and intimidating to anyone seeking immigration services. Under our Nevada immigration attorneys‘ guidance, Claudia helps our clients achieve their immigration goals, such as refugee …
- Bettina Almaden – Las Vegas Defense Group paralegal Bettina Almaden focuses on helping our criminal defense attorneys manage their caseload. A college graduate, Bettina has exceptional communication skills and keeps our clients informed and empowered throughout the duration of their legal matters.
- Christopher Joya – Christopher Joya is the paralegal in Las Vegas Defense Group’s personal injury department. Christopher is one of the first people our accident clients meet. And he helps to connect our clients with medical providers while keeping them informed about the status of their cases.
Human Resources Manager
- Beverly Martinez-Carvajal – Se habla español. Las Vegas Defense Group, LLC, takes pride in representing a diverse clientele. Native Spanish-speaker Beverly Martinez-Carvajal is available to talk with our Hispanic and Latino clients one-on-one. Beverly understands how difficult and scary facing criminal charges can be, and she is devoted to helping all of our clients, including our Spanish-speaking clientele, …
- Somphop Saranurak – Somphop helps keep our clients up-to-date on their cases.