Our Moapa criminal defense attorneys fight DUI charges, traffic tickets infractions, drug crimes charges, and other allegations all throughout northern Clark County. We have years of experience in getting criminal cases reduced or dismissed completely. And most of the time our clients never have to appear in court since we go on their behalf.
In this article, our Nevada criminal defense attorneys discuss:
- 1. Where are people jailed after being arrested in Moapa?
- 2. How do I bail out inmates?
- 3. Where is the Moapa Courthouse?
- 4. Where is the police department?
- 5. Who prosecutes criminal cases?
- 6. What are common crimes in Moapa?
- 7. Can the charges get dismissed?
- 8. Do I really need an attorney?
1. Where are people jailed after being arrested in Moapa?
There is no jail in Moapa, so arrestees are usually booked and jailed at the Clark County Detention Center (CCDC). The CCDC is located at 330 South Casino Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89101, and reachable at (702) 671-3900. Search for inmates here.
2. How do I bail out inmates?
People can bail out CCDC inmates by going to the pretrial services bail window at the jail at 330 South Casino Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89101. The CCDC takes cash, Visa, Mastercard, cashier’s checks, or money orders. Learn more about bail procedures in our article bailing out an inmate at the CCDC or contact Pre Trial Services at (702) 671-3285.
People can also hire bail bondsmen to post bail.
3. Where is the Moapa courthouse?
The Moapa Township Justice Court is located at 1340 E. Hwy, Moapa, NV 89025. But note that its mailing address is Moapa Township Justice Court, P.O. Box 280, Moapa, NV 89025. The phone number is (702) 864-2333.
Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., but court is usually held just on Wednesdays. Since Moapa is an unincorporated town, it has no municipal court.
Note that felony cases can ultimately be bound over to the Eighth Judicial District Court. It is located at 200 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101, and reachable at (702) 671-4554. Misdemeanor cases stay in Moapa Justice Court from beginning to end.
4. Where is the police department?
Moapa is patrolled by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. Headquarters are at 400 S M.L.K. Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89106 and reachable at (702) 828-3111. Note that arrests on the I-15 are often done by law enforcement officers with the Nevada Highway Patrol.
5. Who prosecutes criminal cases?
The Clark County District Attorney’s Office prosecutes all criminal and traffic cases in Moapa, Nevada. The D.A.’s office is located at 200 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101, and can be reached at (702) 671-2500.
6. What are common crimes in Moapa?
Because of its nearness to the I-15, Moapa Township Justice Court hears many DUIs and speeding (NRS 484B.600) cases. There are also several cases involving drug offenses and domestic violence criminal offenses (NRS 200.485).
7. Can the charges get dismissed?
The majority of criminal cases resolve without a trial. Prosecutors may be willing to reduce charges or possibly dismiss them depending on the case.
8. Do I really need an attorney?
It is always advised that people facing criminal charges retain experienced legal counsel for three reasons:
- Lawyers can appear in the defendant’s place in court so the defendant never has to travel to court him/herself;
- Lawyers know from experience which defenses work best in trying to get charges lessened or dropped; and
- Prosecutors are far more likely to give favorable plea deals to defendants represented by an attorney.
Facing charges in the criminal justice system? Contact our Las Vegas criminal defense lawyers now for a free case evaluation on your legal issues.
Our law office has been serving Moapa, NV for more than a decade, providing the best defense and legal services available for all types of criminal cases from white collar crimes to sex crimes. Our Las Vegas criminal defense attorneys also do criminal record seals, and our practice areas include personal injury (car accidents), family law, and estate planning.
Our law group also serves Moapa Valley, North Las Vegas, Boulder City, Mesquite, Henderson, Las Vegas, Laughlin, and elsewhere in Clark County and throughout the state of Nevada. Our lawyers, including Michael Becker, Esq. and several other members of the Nevada State Bar, received their J.D.s from fine law schools, have perfect AVVO ratings, are recognized by Martindale-Hubbell, and have appeared before the Nevada Supreme Court.