Our Bunkerville criminal defense attorneys fight DUIs, traffic tickets, and other charges throughout northeast Clark County. We have a long track record of getting criminal cases reduced to lesser offenses or dismissed altogether. And in most cases our clients never have to come to court since we appear on their behalf.
In this article, our Nevada criminal defense attorneys discuss:
- 1. Where are people jailed after being arrested in Bunkerville?
- 2. How do I bail out inmates?
- 3. Where is the Bunkerville Courthouse?
- 4. Where is the police department?
- 5. Who prosecutes criminal cases?
- 6. What are common crimes?
- 7. Can the charges get dismissed?
- 8. Do I need an attorney?
1. Where are people jailed after being arrested in Bunkerville?
There is no jail in Bunkerville because the town is so small. Therefore arrestees are typically booked and jailed in Las Vegas or Mesquite.
The Mesquite Jail is located at 500 Hillside Dr., Mesquite, NV 89027, and is reachable at (702) 346-6925.
2. How do I bail out inmates?
For inmates in Mesquite Jail, call the detention center at (702) 346-5262 for current bail instructions. Typically, people can bring cash or money orders to the Mesquite Police Department at 695 Mayan Circle, Mesquite, NV 89027. Learn more in our article bailing out an inmate at the Mesquite Jail.
To bail out CCDC inmates, go to the pretrial services bail window at the jail at 330 South Casino Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89101. The CCDC accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard, cashier’s checks, or money orders. Learn more in our article bailing out an inmate at the CCDC or contact Pre Trial Services at (702) 671-3285.
People can also use bail bondsmen to post bail.
3. Where is the Bunkerville courthouse?
The address of Bunkerville Justice Court is 190 Virgin Street, Bunkerville, NV 89007. The phone number is (702) 346-5711.
Search online for case information at the Bunkerville Township Justice Court calendar. Otherwise, call the court clerk at (702) 346-5711. Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Learn more at our Bunkerville Justice Court information page.
Note that felony cases may eventually be bound over to the Eighth Judicial District Court, located at 200 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101, and reachable at (702) 671-4554. Misdemeanor cases always remain in Bunkerville Justice Court.
4. Where is the police department?
Bunkerville does not have its own law enforcement department. Instead, Bunkerville is patrolled by the Mesquite Police Department, located at 695 Mayan Circle, Mesquite, NV 89027. The phone number is (702) 346-6911.
Arrests on the I-15 are often made by the Nevada Highway Patrol.
5. Who prosecutes criminal cases?
The Clark County District Attorney’s Office prosecutes all criminal and traffic cases in Bunkerville, Nevada. The office is located at 200 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101, and is reachable at (702) 671-2500.
6. What are common crimes?
Due to its proximity to the I-15, Bunkerville Township Justice Court hears several cases each year for DUIs and speeding (NRS 484B.600). Other common offenses include drug crimes and domestic violence (NRS 200.485).
7. Can the charges get dismissed?
Depending on the case, prosecutors may be willing to significantly lessen criminal charges or possibly dismiss cases in order to avoid trial.
8. Do I need an attorney?
It is always recommended that people charged with criminal offenses retain experienced legal counsel for three reasons:
- Attorneys can appear on a defendant’s behalf in court so the defendant does not have to miss work or school for court;
- Attorneys are experienced in which defenses work best in each type of case when pursuing a charge reduction or dismissal; and
- Prosecutors are much more likely to offer a favorable plea deal to defendants represented by counsel.
Facing criminal charges? Our law office has been serving Bunkerville, NV for more than a decade, providing the best defense and legal services available for all types of criminal cases from white collar crimes to sex crimes. Our criminal defense lawyers also do criminal record seals and practice personal injury and family law.