Domestic violence may be the most emotionally trying ordeal a family can endure. Our Las Vegas criminal defense lawyers remain sensitive to the needs of you and your loved ones as we work to secure favorable resolutions in your Nevada DV case as quickly and painlessly as possible.
The following Nevada crimes are considered domestic violence if done towards certain family members of (ex) romantic partners:
- A knowing, purposeful or reckless course of conduct intended to harass the other person. Such conduct may include, but is not limited to:
- destruction of private property
- carrying a concealed weapon
- injuring or killing an animal
- invasion of the home
- false imprisonment
If a person is found guilty of a crime that constitutes domestic violence, the court will order:
- for a first-offense within seven (7) years: 6 to 12 months of weekly counseling (no less than 1.5 hours a week)
- for a second-offense within seven (7) years: 12 months of weekly counseling (no less than 1.5 hours a week)
Below are links to our in-depth informational articles about the most common types of Las Vegas Nevada "Domestic Violence" law cases. Our Nevada criminal attorneys discuss the Nevada crime of "battery domestic violence," the Nevada crime of "child abuse, neglect and endangerment," and the Nevada crime of "elder abuse:"
- Nevada crime of "battery domestic violence"
- Nevada crime of "child abuse, neglect and endangerment"
- Nevada crime of "elder abuse"
If you've been charged with a domestic violence criminal offense in or around Las Vegas or Reno, please call our Nevada criminal defense attorneys at 702-DEFENSE (702-333-3673) today for a free phone meeting to discuss how we can take care of your case so you can get back to your life.