The Clark County Detention Center (CCDC) has strict rules regarding incoming inmate mail. Friends and family are restricted in how and what they may send inmates. CCDC staff searches all letters and packages for contraband before delivering the mail.
The mailing address for inmates at the CCDC in Las Vegas, Nevada, is:
INMATE NAME & ID#
Clark County Detention Center
330 South Casino Center Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Letters must be on white paper in white envelopes. And they must be typed or written in black ink, blue ink, or pencil.
You may not mail the following items to a person in custody at the CCDC in Las Vegas, NV:
- Greeting cards, card stock, and postcards.
- Colored envelopes.
- Post-it notes/adhesive items.
- Pornography; sexually explicit items; nude or partially nude images; or obscene literature.
- Cards, letters or photos that have been taped, stapled, glued or otherwise affixed together.
- Blank stationery, cards or envelopes.
- Self-addressed envelopes.
- Un-canceled stamps.
- Cards with glitter.
- Photos or cards exceeding a size of six (6) inches by eight (8) inches.
- More than fifteen (15) photos.
- Any book, magazine, newspaper or publication unless it is mailed directly from the publisher or commercial dealer – the books cannot be hard-cover.
- Anything marked with glitter, crayon, white-out, or an unidentified substance.
- Anything else the jail deems a health or security hazard or suspicious in nature.
- No packages unless you receive prior approval from the Bureau Lieutenant at (702) 671-5700.
- To find more information about the CCDC, go to our page on the Clark County Detention Center.
Posting Nevada bail
- For more about bail procedures at other Nevada jails, go to our information page on posting Nevada bail.
Official Clark County website
- Official Clark County, Nevada website on CCDC mailing procedures
If you know someone who has been arrested, call us…
Our Las Vegas criminal defense attorneys are happy to consult with you to talk about the case. We may be able to have the person released from custody and ultimately have their charges dropped or lowered. Phone us today.
We represent clients throughout Nevada, including Las Vegas, Henderson, Clark County, Washoe County, Reno, Carson City, Laughlin, Mesquite, Bunkerville, Moapa, Elko, Pahrump, Searchlight and Tonopah.