Medical insurance fraud is when a doctor or other medical professional deceives a health insurance company in order to get more money. Penalties can include prison, fines and license revocation. Typical fraud scenarios include:
- Accepting “kickbacks” for prescribing certain drugs
- Double-billing” for appointments and operations
- Charging for medical tests that were never done
- Lying about costs for medical procedures
- Falsifying medical records for the purpose of justifying unnecessary procedures
Call our Las Vegas criminal defense lawyers at 702-DEFENSE (702-333-3673) if you are facing prosecution for medical insurance fraud. We can meet with you for free to discuss the case and how we may be able to get the charges dismissed or reduced or else how we could fight for you at trial.
Go back to our main page on Nevada fraud crimes.
To read about California medical insurance fraud law, visit to our informational webpage on California medical insurance fraud law.