Las Vegas Trespass Arrests are Frequent in Casinos

Posted by Neil Shouse | Jul 05, 2009 | 0 Comments

The Nevada crime of trespass doesn't necessarily have to do with sneaking onto someone else's property or defying “No Trespassing” signs. According to NRS 207.200, you may commit trespass in Nevada simply by staying on another person's property after being asked to leave. The following scenario occurs in Las Vegas trespass cases all the time, and many of them involve casinos:

If you're in a casino and are being too noisy, a security officer may appear and ask you to leave. Unfortunately, the officer may be very rude about it, and, in an attempt to defend yourself, an altercation quickly ensues. Since you technically stayed on the premises after you were ordered to go, the guard may call the police and have you arrested for trespass in Nevada.

Luckily, NRS 207.200 is only a misdemeanor crime, and jail is rare for a first offense. However, since trespass looks bad on your criminal record, it's worth hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney to attempt to get the case dismissed. (Also refer our article, "How do I get arrested for trespass in Nevada?")

About the Author

Neil Shouse

Southern California DUI Defense attorney Neil Shouse graduated with honors from UC Berkeley and Harvard Law School (and completed additional graduate studies at MIT).


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Free attorney consultations...

The attorneys at Shouse Law Group bring more than 100 years collective experience fighting for individuals. We're ready to fight for you. Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 855-LAW-FIRM for a free case evaluation.

Regain peace of mind...

Shouse Law Defense Group has multiple locations throughout California. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Office Locations

Shouse Law Group has multiple locations all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

To contact us, please select your state:

Call us 24/7 (855) 396-0370