Las Vegas Nevada Immigration Attorneys

<meta itemprop="embedURL"" />

Media and award logos

Las Vegas is one of the most diverse U.S. cities. Yet immigrants are under assault. The Trump administration demonizes foreigners. Though most of them obey the law and pose no threat. Compounding this are confusing and outdated regulations. They make immigrating to the U.S. seem impossible.

Our Las Vegas Nevada immigration law attorneys are committed to immigrants. We make the process of coming to - and staying in - America as quick and easy as possible for you and your family.

For a specific issue, visit our Nevada immigration library A to Z.

Bolv 20copy
Las Vegas Defense Group was voted the 2018 and 2017 Best Criminal Defense Firm Gold Winner and Best Immigration Firm Silver Winner in Las Vegas Review-Journal's annual "Best of Las Vegas”!

Do I need an immigration attorney?

Navigating the immigration pipeline is difficult. Laws are complicated and changing. The deck is stacked against foreigners. And one mistake can make the difference between legal status and deportation.

An experienced attorney raises your odds of success. But we do more than just paperwork. We accompany clients to USCIS interviews. We defend our clients against ICE at judicial hearings. And if necessary, we take cases all the way to the Board of Immigration Appeals.

Can I get a green card?

There are many ways to qualify for legal permanent residency (LPR). Often a family member or employer sponsors immigrants. Another avenue is refugee status or asylum. And abuse victims may be eligible through the Violence Against Woman Act (VAWA).

Applying for a green card while outside the U.S. is called consular processing. This may take up to six months. Applying while inside the U.S. is called "adjustment of status." This may take a year. But if an employer is sponsoring, the process can be expedited.

How quickly can I become a citizen? 

LPRs are usually eligible to naturalize within three to five years. They must then pass naturalization tests and swear an oath. And some immigrants may maintain dual citizenship with their home country.

Can I bring my family to live in the U.S.?

U.S. citizens and LPRs may sponsor their families. But they first need approval from the USCIS and National Visa Center. This visa process can take up to a year.

One of the most common immigrant visas is spousal visas. It is the first step to becoming an LPR and possibly a citizen.

How do I get a work visa?

U.S.-based employers need to sponsor foreign workers. There are several different types of work visas available depending on:

  • The type of employment, and
  • Whether the worker wishes to remain in the U.S. permanently

One of the most common immigrant visas is the EB-3 visa. This is available to skilled workers, professionals, and other workers. The time it takes to secure an employment visa ranges from days to months.

How do I get a student visa?

Foreign students first need to be accepted into an academic program. Then during the visa application process, students must show that they can afford to live in the U.S. while attending school.

Two common student visas are:

  1. Academic student (F-1) visas for colleges and universities; and
  2. Vocational student (M-1) visas for technical school

The process to secure a visa may take several months. So students should apply to their school of choice well ahead of time.

Am I eligible for asylum?

Foreigners fearing persecution in their home country may be eligible for asylum in the U.S. This process usually takes six months. Then they may be eligible for a green card in only a year.

An alternative to asylum is temporary protected status. It is not a long-term solution. But it could pave the way to a visa.

Can you stop me from getting deported?

Our Las Vegas immigration attorneys have had great success in keeping clients in the U.S. We take care of all the visa and green card paperwork. This maximizes the odds of the applications going through.

We also defend clients facing criminal charges. We fight for cancellation of removal. And we negotiate plea bargains where charges may get reduced to non-deportable offenses.

We also help people remain in the U.S. through:

What if I am in the U.S. illegally?

One possibility is getting a provisional unlawful presence waiver. Undocumented aliens can then stay in the U.S. temporarily. In the meantime, they can apply for a visa.

Receptionists waiting for your call.
Call our Las Vegas immigration attorneys at 702-DEFENSE for a FREE consultation.

Las Vegas, Nevada Immigration Law Attorneys

Whatever your immigration needs, we are here for you. Contact us at 702-DEFENSE (702-333-3673) for a free consultation. We will do everything in our power to expedite the immigration process.

We serve people from all parts of the globe including Mexico, Canada, Russia, Korea, the Philippines, the U.K., France, and throughout South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.

¿Hablas español? Vaya a nuestra página en español para nuestros abogados de inmigración.











Free attorney consultations...

The attorneys at Shouse Law Group bring more than 100 years collective experience fighting for individuals. We're ready to fight for you. Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 855-LAW-FIRM for a free case evaluation.

Regain peace of mind...

Shouse Law Defense Group has multiple locations throughout California. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Office Locations

Shouse Law Group has multiple locations all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Call us 24/7 (855) 396-0370