Our skilled and experienced parking lot accident lawyers can hep you if you suffered an injury in a parking lot, parking garage, or other similar parking structure. On average, approximately 60,000 people are injured in parking lots and garages every year. If you are the victim of a parking lot accident, you deserve full compensation for your losses.
Auto accidents are perhaps the most common source of parking lot injuries, with injuries ranging from
- broken bones to
- whiplash to
- head and brain injuries.
Our personal injury lawyers can file a lawsuit on your behalf if you were hurt in a parking structure. These attorneys typically file lawsuits against:
- negligent motorists,
- property owners (for example, in premises liability actions),
- property management and/or maintenance companies, and
- government entities.
Please keep in mind, though, that our attorneys can help you in so many more ways before filing a legal action. For example, they can:
- assist you in getting medical care for your injuries,
- gather evidence to find the party responsible for your injuries,
- file a personal injury claim with the appropriate insurance company,
- negotiate a car accident claim on your behalf, and
- maximize your final payout.
The Shouse Law Group is a California-based personal injury law firm that represents parking lot accident victims. Our experienced parking garage attorneys and car accident lawyers work tirelessly for all our clients and seek to get you the maximum compensation possible. Call today to get the legal representation you deserve.
What are common causes and injuries in parking lot accident cases?
While unfortunate, people get injured in parking garage accidents all the time. The National Safety Council (NSC) has found that, on average, at least 60,000 people are injured in parking lots and garages every year.1 Of this number, 500 or more people suffer fatal injuries.
Car crashes and vehicle accidents are perhaps the greatest cause of parking garage injuries. In specific, the following often lead to accident injuries:
- backing out of parking spaces without checking for pedestrians or other drivers,
- drunk driving,
- talking or texting on cell phones while driving or walking,
- careless driving,
- fender benders,
- speeding, and
- driving the wrong way.
Note that in addition to car accidents, parking lot injuries are often caused by:
- slip and fall accidents, and
- a person’s criminal acts.
Parking lot accidents can cause serious injuries, including:
- broken bones,
- neck injuries,
- back injuries,
- knee and hip injuries, and
Who are defendants in these cases?
Car accident attorneys and parking garage lawyers often file lawsuits against the following people:
- negligent drivers,
- owners of parking garages,
- companies that manage or maintain a parking structure,
- negligent pedestrians (when there are pedestrian accidents), and
- government entities (for example, when a government agency owns a parking structure).
People who receive favorable verdicts or settlement offers in these cases can receive compensation for:
- medical bills and medical expenses,
- lost wages,
- lost earning capacity,
- property damage, and
- pain and suffering.
When fatal injuries occur in parking lots, a victim’s family members can likely file a wrongful death lawsuit against the person who caused the parking garage injury. Damages can include (but are not limited to):
- burial and funeral expenses,
- amounts the deceased would have earned as income, and
- compensation for the loss of the deceased’s companionship and support.2
What do personal injury lawyers do in parking garage cases?
Personal injury attorneys play a tremendous role in parking lot accident cases.
For starters, they interview you to learn the facts of your case and your medical needs. In serious car accident cases, your attorney can help manage your ongoing medical care.
An injury lawyer will provide legal advice as to your legal options and how to best protect your legal rights.
Attorneys can also gather evidence in your case. For example, your attorney can take photos at the scene of the accident or obtain a police report. If necessary, the lawyer may appoint an expert to help explain this evidence to a judge or jury.
A parking lot lawyer can also help accident victims by filing insurance claims with the insurer of the person or entity that caused an injury. The lawyer can even negotiate with a claims adjuster to reach a fair settlement in your case.
If no settlement is reached, a personal injury attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
What are the benefits of a parking structure accident lawyer?
Injury attorneys help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
They know what a case is worth, and therefore, will hold liable people or companies to pay their fair share of an accident.
Attorneys also know where to uncover hidden value in a case to help boost your payout.
They also know how to negotiate with insurance adjusters and won’t backdown from insurance companies.
Parking lot accident lawyers take care of all of the complexities within a case so that you can focus on your health and healing.
Note that most injury lawyers provide free consultations A free case evaluation means you can get your legal questions answered without spending a dime.
For additional help…
If you or a loved one was injured in a parking lot, we invite you to contact our legal team/law office at the Shouse Law Group. Our attorneys provide both free consultations and legal advice you can trust.
We work tirelessly to get you the maximum compensation available for your case.
- CBS News, “Why hundreds are killed in crashes in parking lots and garages every year,” (2016).
- See, for example, California Civil Jury Instructions (CACI) 3921.