Our Long Beach car accident attorneys help victims who were injured in motor vehicle accidents in Long Beach and the surrounding area. A fatal or serious car collision takes place almost every day in Long Beach. If you are a car accident victim, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries.
Common injuries in Long Beach car accident cases include whiplash, broken bones, and head injuries. Causes of auto accidents can include
- drunk driving,
- distracted driving,
- auto defects, and
- poor weather.
At-fault parties in accident cases can include:
- negligent motorists,
- car manufacturers (in product liability cases), and
- government entities (when they fail to properly maintain road conditions).
Our personal injury attorneys can file a car accident lawsuit against any of the above parties. They can also help car crash victims by:
- managing their ongoing medical care and treatment,
- filing a personal injury claim with an at-fault party’s insurance company, and
- finding evidence of fault to deliver you the maximum compensation you deserve.
The Shouse Law Group is a personal injury law firm with law offices in Long Beach and throughout California. Our skilled California car accident attorneys work tirelessly for all our clients and work to get you the biggest settlement possible. Contact our law firm today to get the legal help you deserve.
What are common causes of Long Beach car accidents and common injuries?
Car accidents are a very real occurrence in the Long Beach area. Approximately 150 fatal or serious injury collisions took place in Long Beach in 2017.1 Many of the serious accidents occur on the 710 and 405 freeways. This translates into almost one serious accident every other day. Types of traffic accidents can include
Common causes of car accidents include:
- drunk drivers,
- distracted drivers,
- negligent drivers (for example, a driver who runs a red light),
- poorly maintained roads,
- unfavorable weather conditions,
- auto defects, and
Note that there are times where you may have helped cause your motor vehicle accident. If so, you can still likely receive compensation for your car accident injuries. However, your payout will get reduced according to California’s comparative negligence laws.
Some common injuries that you may suffer in a Long Beach car accident include:
- broken bones,
- a spinal cord injury,
- traumatic brain injuries, and
- head injuries.
Who are common defendants in Southern California car accident cases?
If you suffered an injury in a California car crash, you can usually file a lawsuit against:
- negligent or at-fault drivers,
- car manufacturers (in cases involving defective autos),
- government agencies (usually when they are to blame for hazardous road conditions), and
- sometimes property owners.
If you are successful in bringing a suit, you could receive compensation for:
- medical bills and medical expenses,
- lost wages,
- lost earning capacity,
- property damage, and
- pain and suffering.
When fatal injuries occur, a victim’s family members can likely file a wrongful death lawsuit against the party responsible for causing the accident. Damages can include (but are not limited to):
- burial and funeral expenses,
- amounts the deceased would have earned as income, and
- compensation for the loss of the deceased’s companionship and support.3
What is the role of a Long Beach car accident lawyer?
Personal injury lawyers play an extremely important role in car accident cases.
For example, they will speak with you after an accident to learn the facts of your case and help you understand relevant personal injury laws.
Attorneys can help you receive immediate medical attention, and in cases involving severe injuries, they help you manage your ongoing medical care.
A car accident lawyer can also help you gather evidence to help show another person’s negligence. They can even appoint experts to help interpret evidence or explain it to a judge or jury.
A personal injury attorney will also increase the success rate when it comes to settling your car accident claim with a driver’s insurer. Note that a lawyer can negotiate your claim with an insurance adjuster on your behalf.
Finally, injury lawyers can file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
What is the benefit of an auto accident lawyer?
Lawyers in personal injury cases help maximize the compensation that you will receive for your injuries.
Attorneys know the true value of an accident case and can hold parties accountable for their fair share of liability.
Car crash lawyers can also find hidden value in a case to increase your final payout.
Further, lawyers take care of the complexity of accident cases so that you can focus on taking care of your health and recovering from your injuries.
Note that most personal injury attorneys provide free consultations. A free case evaluation means you can get legal advice for no fee.
Further, the communications between you and your attorney are protected by the attorney-client relationship. Lawyers cannot disclose these communications unless you provide your consent.
For additional help…
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, we invite you to contact our legal team at the Shouse Law Group. Our attorneys provide both free consultations and legal advice you can trust. Our office is located at:
1 World Trade Center
Long Beach, CA 90831
We work tirelessly to get you the maximum compensation available for your case.
- City of Long Beach Memorandum (2019).
- Note that when it comes to speeding drivers, Long Beach ranks among the 20 worst cities in the country. See “Long Beach ranks among top 20 U.S. cities with worst speeding problem,” Long Beach Post News.
- See, for example, California Civil Jury Instructions (CACI) 3921.