How to get an EB-3 "Employment-Based Visa: 3rd Preference" in
Las Vegas, Nevada

EB-3 (employment-based, preference 3) visas extend legal permanent residence to foreigners who have a full-time job offer in the U.S. and qualify as either (1) skilled workers, (2) professionals, or (3) other workers, including unskilled laborers.

In Nevada, common jobs for EB-3 visa holders are construction workers, cooks, and hospitality workers.

Below our Las Vegas employment visa attorneys answer frequently-asked-questions about EB-3 immigrant visas in Nevada, including application processes, interviews, time frames and fees. Click on a topic to go to that section.

Also see our articles on EB-1 visas in Las Vegas Nevada, EB-2 visas in Las Vegas Nevada, EB-4 visas in Las Vegas Nevada, and EB-5 visas in Las Vegas Nevada.

Skilled workers, professionals, and unskilled laborers may qualify for EB-3 visas.

1. Am I eligible for an EB-3 (employment-based, third preference) visa in Las Vegas, Nevada?

Employment-based visas in Las Vegas Nevada are classified into five different preference categories. Foreigners may eligible for third preference classification if they are either:

  • skilled workers,
  • professionals, or
  • other workers

2. What proof do I need to get an EB-3 (employment-based, third preference) visa?

Employers looking to bring a foreign worker to the U.S. by using the third preference employment visa category must be able to supply evidence as it relates to the individual profession:

  1. Skilled Worker: This category involves individuals whose job requires a minimum of two years of either training or work experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature.
  2. Professionals: This category includes those whose job requires at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or its foreign equivalent and are a member of the professions.
  3. Other Workers: This category is for workers who perform unskilled labor that requires less than two years or training or experience, not of a temporary nature.

All of the categories require that the foreign worker have labor certification requirement ("PERM") and a permanent, full-time job offer.

3. What is the application process for an EB-3 (employment-based, third preference) visa?

Visa 20application 20approved
PERM certification is a required for EB-3 visas in Nevada. n addition, the U.S. employer in Nevada must file a I-140 Form with the USCIS.

Typically, all third preference applications must include an approved, individual labor certification from the Department of Labor (DOL) associated with Form ETA-9089. In addition, the U.S. employer in Nevada must file an I-140 Form with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The application process requires that the employer properly demonstrates the fact to the USCIS that he or she has the ability to pay the offered wage as of worker's visa priority date. For this requirement, the Nevada employer is allowed to use an annual report, federal income tax return, or an audited financial statement.

EB-3 visas can be the pathway to U.S. citizenship. Learn about applying to become a lawful permanent resident and naturalization laws.

4. What is the time frame for getting an EB-3 (employment-based, third preference) visa?

The PERM labor certification takes about six months. After that, getting an EB-3 visa may take six to twelve years depending on the foreigner's country of citizenship.

5. What is the fee for getting an EB-3 (employment-based, third-preference) visa?

The EB-3 visa processing fee is $345.

6. Can spouses and children come to Nevada on an EB-3 (employment-based, third preference) visa?

It is possible that an EB-3 visa holder's spouses and unmarried children under 21 may qualify for E34, E35, EW4 or EW5 immigrant visas.

Call a Nevada immigration attorney...

If you are a foreign skilled worker, professional, or unskilled laborer, you may be able to qualify for an EB-3 visa. Contact our Las Vegas immigration attorneys at 702-DEFENSE (702-333-3673) for a consultation.

Learn more about Nevada visa laws. Note Nevada maintains two immigration offices that offer fingerprinting services: The Las Vegas Immigration Office, and the Reno Immigration Office.







Also learn about our California EB-3 visa lawyers 





Free attorney consultations...

The attorneys at Shouse Law Group bring more than 100 years collective experience fighting for individuals. We're ready to fight for you. Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 855-LAW-FIRM for a free case evaluation.

Regain peace of mind...

Shouse Law Defense Group has multiple locations throughout California. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Office Locations

Shouse Law Group has multiple locations all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Call us 24/7 (855) 396-0370