Our Pasadena car accident attorneys provide unmatched legal representation if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Pasadena or anywhere in the San Gabriel Valley area. Close to one thousand people are killed or injured every year in Pasadena due to car crashes. If you are an auto accident victim, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries.
Some of the more common injuries in Pasadena car accident cases include broken bones, lacerations, and head and back injuries. Popular causes of auto accidents in southern California include
- drunk driving,
- distracted driving,
- auto defects, and
- poor weather conditions.
If you were injured in a car wreck, the Pasadena personal injury attorneys at our firm can file an auto accident lawsuit on your behalf. At-fault parties in motor vehicle accidents usually include:
Our lawyers can also assist by:
- helping you receive appropriate medical care and medical treatment,
- filing a car accident claim with appropriate insurance companies, and
- finding hidden value in your case to maximize the financial compensation for your injuries.
The Shouse Law Group is a personal injury law firm with law offices in Pasadena and throughout California. Our skilled car accident attorneys have years of experience, work tirelessly for all our clients, and aim to get you the biggest settlement possible. Contact our law firm today to get the legal help you deserve.
What are common injuries in Pasadena car accidents and what causes them?
Unfortunately, motor vehicle crashes happen all too frequently in the Pasadena area. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, 944 people in Pasadena were killed or injured in 2019 due to a motor vehicle accident.1 Types of traffic accidents often include:
California car accidents cause a variety of injuries, including both minor and serious injuries. Some of the more common injuries suffered by accident victims include:
- brain injury (including traumatic brain injuries),
- broken bones,
- lacerations, and
- back injuries.
While almost anything can cause a Pasadena car accident, the most common accident causes are:
- drunk drivers,2
- distracted drivers,
- a driver’s negligence,
- poorly maintained roads,
- unfavorable weather conditions,
- auto defects, and
Note that there are instances where drivers contribute to their own car accident injuries. Victims in these cases can still likely receive compensation. However, their payout will get reduced according to California’s comparative negligence laws.
Who are common defendants in California car accident cases?
If you suffered an injury in a Pasadena car crash, a personal injury attorney can step in and file a lawsuit on your behalf. Suits are often filed against the following:
- negligent or at-fault drivers,
- car manufacturers (in cases involving defective autos),
- government agencies (usually when they are to blame for hazardous road conditions), and
- property owners.
If you win your injury case (either at trial or by means of a settlement), you could receive compensation for:
- medical bills and medical expenses,
- lost wages,
- lost earning capacity,
- property damage, and
- pain and suffering.
When fatal injuries occur, a victim’s family members can likely file a wrongful death lawsuit against the party responsible for causing the accident. Damages can include (but are not limited to):
- burial and funeral expenses,
- amounts the deceased would have earned as income, and
- compensation for the loss of the deceased’s companionship and support.3
What is the role of a Pasadena attorney in personal injury cases?
Personal injury lawyers are of enormous importance in motor vehicle accident cases.
For example, they often:
- advise you on the personal injury laws that apply to your case,
- manage your ongoing medical care and treatment,
- communicate with your medical providers to collect all relevant medical records,
- gather evidence (for example, police reports) to help increase the strength of your case,
- appoint experts to help interpret evidence and explain it to a judge or jury,
- negotiate personal injury claims on your behalf with insurance adjusters, and
- file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
What is the benefit of a car accident attorney?
Lawyers in car crash and personal injury cases help maximize the compensation that you can receive for your injuries.
Attorneys know the true value of a case and can hold parties accountable for their fair share of liability.
Car crash lawyers can also find hidden value in a case to increase your final payout.
Further, lawyers take care of the day-to-day administration and management of a case. This means you can focus on your health and healing from your injuries.
Note that most personal injury attorneys provide free consultations. A free case evaluation means you can get legal advice for no fee.
Further, the communications between you and your attorney are protected by the attorney-client relationship. Lawyers cannot disclose these communications unless you provide your consent.
For additional help…
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, we invite you to contact our law offices at the Shouse Law Group. Our California auto accident attorneys provide both free consultations and legal advice you can trust.
We work tirelessly to get you the maximum compensation available for your case.
- California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) website, “OTS Crash Rankings Results – Pasadena.”
- Note that alcohol-impaired driving fatalities (fatalities in crashes involving a driver or motorcycle rider with a blood alcohol concentration, or BAC, of 0.08 or higher) decreased 4.5% from 1,116 in 2018 to 1,066 in 2019 in California. See OTS website, “California Traffic Safety Quick Stats.”
- See, for example, California Civil Jury Instructions (CACI) 3921.