L-2 visas are issued to the family of foreigners on L-1 employment visas in California. Family members eligible for L-2 visas include:
- the spouse of the L-1 visa holder, and/or
- the unmarried child (under age 21) of the L-1 visa holder
L-2 visas cost $190 and take up to one month to obtain. L-2 visa holders may attend school in the U.S., and spouses may be able to work.
Our California immigration attorneys discuss L-2 visas in California, including the application procedure, fees, and time frames. Click on a question to jump directly to the answer.
- 1. Am I eligible for an L-2 visa in Los Angeles, CA?
- 2. What is the application process for an L-2 visa?
- 3. What is the fee for an L-2 visa?
- 4. How soon can I get an L-2 visa?
- 5. Can I work or go to school on an L-2 visa?
Foreigners eligible for L-2 visas are:
- spouses of L-1 visa holders, and/or
- unmarried children (under age 21) of L-1 visa holders
The first step to getting an L-2 visa is to submit the DS-160 form. Depending on the age of the applicant, the foreigner may need to sit for a visa interview and show his/her passport. Applicants should also bring proof of their familial relationship with the L-1 visa holder, such as wedding photos and marriage certificates.
L-2 visas cost $190. The L-1 visa holder’s employer usually pays for it.
The application process for L-2 visas usually takes 15 days to one month.
L-2 visa holders may live and go to school in the U.S. With authorization, spouses of L-1 visa holders can work as well.
Call a California immigration lawyer…
If you are seeking an L-2 visa or have other immigration needs in California, phone our California immigration attorneys for a FREE consultation.
Go to our California visa main page.
Learn about L-2 visas in Nevada.