What is the punishment for furnishing alcohol to a minor in California?

Posted by Neil Shouse | Jun 06, 2015 | 0 Comments

If you're convicted in California of selling or furnishing alcohol to a minor, it's a misdemeanor. The punishment includes up to six months in jail. And moreover, if you're an establishment that sells alcohol, then you could lose your liquor license and face other penalties from the alcohol board of control. Here at Shouse Law Group, we've had a lot of success in defending clients who are charged under Business and Professions Code 25658.

If it was an undercover sting operation, many times we find that it was actually illegal police entrapment. If you're an establishment that sold alcohol to a minor, you may have done so reasonably and honestly believing that the person was an adult and was of drinking age. And if you're a minor who got busted using a fake ID to try to buy alcohol or get into a club, many times we can get an informal diversion to the court and ultimately get the charge dismissed.

About the Author

Neil Shouse

A former Los Angeles prosecutor, attorney Neil Shouse graduated with honors from UC Berkeley and Harvard Law School (and completed additional graduate studies at MIT). He has been featured on CNN, Good Morning America, Dr Phil, Court TV, The Today Show and Court TV. Mr Shouse has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Criminal and Top 100 Civil Attorneys.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Free attorney consultations...

The attorneys at Shouse Law Group bring more than 100 years collective experience fighting for individuals. We're ready to fight for you. Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 855-LAW-FIRM for a free case evaluation.

Regain peace of mind...

Shouse Law Defense Group has multiple locations throughout California. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Office Locations

Shouse Law Group has multiple locations all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Call us 24/7 (855) 396-0370