With twenty-four years on the job, Las Vegas criminal defense attorney Michael Becker knows how to negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss your charges and minimize your penalties. If your case does go to trial, he has the experience of having defended nearly a hundred jury trials, many of which resulted in full acquittals or hung juries.
Several prestigious attorney organizations have recognized Michael Becker's legal achievements: He has been named to such shortlists as The National Trial Lawyers' "Top 100" Criminal Defense Attorneys, The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys' "10 Best" Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, and The National Advocacy for DUI Defense "Nationally Ranked Superior DUI Attorney". And he is also the only attorney in the world to have a earned a Perfect 100 rating on lawyer.com.
Nevada criminal defense attorney Michael Becker is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law and the University of Southern California. He also belongs to the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
The best defense is a good offense. A Harvard Law School alum, Las Vegas criminal defense lawyer Neil Shouse used to work as a deputy district attorney, so he knows firsthand the tactics and tricks the state uses to convict citizens of crimes. Mr. Shouse now takes advantage of his five-years of experience as a prosecutor to ensure his clients have the most strategic and thorough defense achievable.
As a prosecutor, Neil Shouse handled over sixty jury trials and has won ninety-six percent of them. Also, he has over three thousand DUI cases under his belt. An expert in criminal defense, Neil Shouse has been called upon to appear on Good Morning America, Court TV, Fox News, CNN and PBS.
Las Vegas criminal defense attorney Shouse graduated Harvard Law with honors, was an editor for a prominent law journal and had his thesis published in the National Quarterly on State and Local Government Law. He spent his undergraduate years at UC Berkeley, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa and with Highest Distinction.
Prior to his career in criminal law, Mr. Shouse was an associate at the civil law firm of Sidley Austin. While at Sidley, he litigated matters for some of the World's most prominent corporations, including Western Union, Metropolitan Life, AT&T and Microsoft.
Nevada criminal defense attorney Neil Shouse belongs to the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has also been selected to several prestigious attorney shortlists, including The National Trial Lawyers' "Top 100" Criminal Defense Attorneys, The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys' "10 Best" Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, The National Academy of Jurisprudence's "Premier 100", and The National Advocacy for DUI Defense "Nationally Ranked Superior DUI Attorney".
Super Lawyers Rising Star attorney Mike Castillo practices appellate law and criminal defense in Nevada. A magna cum laude law school graduate, he has litigated numerous high-stakes jury trials including a murder trial and an attempted murder trial. Mike also has a successful record of representing clients in post-conviction appeals in front of the Nevada Supreme Court, having achieved two published opinions.
A cum laude alumnus of UNLV's Boyd School of Law, Las Vegas personal injury attorney Adam Solinger fights to secure the highest financial settlements possible for his clients who have been injured in an accident. Through intense investigation, negotiation and litigation, he can usually avoid trial and achieve a favorable settlement that more than covers accident victims' medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and loss of future earnings. But he is always prepared to take any case to trial in pursuit of hefty punitive damages.
Alexander Vail, Of Counsel
Se habla español. Alexander graduated from the University of Miami School of Law magna cum laude and earned entry into Order of the Coif. He gained vast experience in criminal defense and immigration law from his past employment with the Clark County District Attorney, the Broward County Public Defender, the University of Miami Immigration Clinic, and the Office of the Chief Immigration Judge with the U.S. Department of Justice. Skilled at both the appellate and trial levels, Alex is devoted to fighting for the best resolution possible for his clients.
Baylie Hellman graduated from UNLV's Boyd School of Law, where she distinguished herself both in person and on paper: Not only did she earn the CALI award for being first in her class in trial advocacy, but also she served on and contributed to the Nevada Law Journal. Baylie brings to Las Vegas Defense Group her valuable experience from clerking with a Carson City judge and volunteering at the Federal Public Defenders Office, which provided her with crucial appellate advocacy skills.
Charles Goodwin (查尔斯古德温)
Charles Goodwin excelled in moot court at UNLV's Boyd School of Law, where he was first in three of his law school classes. He has also learned invaluable negotiation and litigation skills from his prestigious externships with the Federal Public Defenders Office and the Clark County Public Defender. Charles also speaks fluent Mandarin. 讲西班牙语。
Dean Tanenbaum, Esq. (ディーン・タネンバウム)
Las Vegas Defense Group's newest recruit, Dean Tanenbaum has spent several years honing his craft as an efficient and effective personal injury lawyer. Through tireless investigation, negotiation, and litigation, he pursues the highest monetary damage rewards possible for his clients. Prior to his legal career, Dean was an adjunct professor in Japan, where he earned his Masters in Education. 私は日本語を話します。
A graduate of UNLV Law School, Daria earned a Dean's Award and served on law review. Daria won the Carl W. Tobias "Excellence in Writing" Award for her law review note on prostitution laws in Nevada. She holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in film studies from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Jennifer Griese - Jennifer is a former cop with nearly two decades of experience as an investigator. Now she uses her firsthand account of how things go down "on the other side" to help our clients escape convictions.
- John Eisele - John has devoted his entire career to customer service, and he keeps our clients confident that their cases are being handled in the most effective and efficient way possible.
- Nancy Green - Nancy is devoted to keeping our clients informed about their cases, and she is always available to talk on evenings and weekends.
- Daniel Minor - A former police officer, Daniel now uses his experience in the criminal justice system to help keep our clients informed throughout the duration of their cases.
- Erik Trolson - Often the first Las Vegas Defense Group team member our clients meet, Erik keeps the front of the house in order so our attorneys can do what they do best.
- Bettina Almaden - Bettina is very experienced with court filings and serves as a liaison between our criminal defense clients and attorneys.
- Claudia Gensler - Se habla español. Claudia helps our attorneys achieve our clients' immigration goals.
- Sarah Llausas - Se habla español. Sarah takes care of a lot of the office busywork, freeing up our attorneys to concentrate on lawyering.
- Beverly Martinez-Carvajal - Se habla español. Beverly is especially dedicated to our Hispanic clientele and keeping them empowered with knowledge and encouragement while their cases are pending.
- Kiiya Rodgers - Kiiya aids our criminal defense attorneys as they fight for the best resolutions possible while keeping our clients' needs and concerns addressed.
- Somphop Saranurak - Somphop helps keep our clients up-to-date on their cases.
- Krizia Zapata - Krizia began as an intern at Las Vegas Defense Group before becoming our client concierge, greeting our clients and keeping the office running smoothly. She also has an associate's degree from Northwest Career College.