How Do I Get my Gun Rights Restored in Las Vegas, Nevada?

Posted by Neil Shouse | Nov 11, 2013 | 0 Comments

A pardon.

People who have been convicted of a felony in Nevada are no longer allowed to own or possess guns. The only way they can get their gun rights restored is to receive a pardon from the Nevada government.

Note that pardons do not seal the felony conviction. Also note that pardon applicants have to specifically ask for gun rights to be restored…otherwise, the pardon will restore only a person's civil rights such as to vote and serve on a jury.

The Nevada Board of Pardon Commissioners meets at least twice a year to consider pardon applications. Only convicted felons who are no longer serving their sentence may apply for pardons. Furthermore, it's advised that applicants wait a “significant period of time” before submitting a pardon application in order to show that they have been fully rehabilitated. (Note that people convicted of misdemeanor battery domestic violence may apply for pardons as well.)

The government grants very few pardons, and it typically does not allow rejected applicants to reapply. Therefore it is recommended that applicants retain counsel to compose the pardon application. Call the Nevada Pardons Board at 775-687-5049 for an application. Learn more about Nevada pardon laws and the Nevada definition of deadly weapons.


About the Author

Neil Shouse

Southern California DUI Defense attorney Neil Shouse graduated with honors from UC Berkeley and Harvard Law School (and completed additional graduate studies at MIT).


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Comments have been disabled.

Free attorney consultations...

Our attorneys want to hear your side of the story. Contact us 24/7 to schedule a FREE consultation with a criminal defense lawyer. We may be able to get your charges reduced or even dismissed altogether. And if necessary, we will champion your case all the way to trial.

Regain peace of mind...

Shouse Law Defense Group has multiple locations throughout California. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Office Locations

Shouse Law Group has multiple locations all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

To contact us, please select your state:

Call us 24/7 (855) 396-0370