Purchase of Tobacco by a Minor Under 18
(Colorado 18-13-121 C.R.S.)

Colorado's law prohibiting the purchase of tobacco products by minors

You commit a Colorado class 2 petty offense if you are under 18 and you purchase, or attempt to purchase, any cigarettes, tobacco products, or nicotine products.

Punishment for buying tobacco if you are minor is a fine of $100. If it is your first offense, however, the court may instead sentence you to participate in a tobacco education program.

Alternatively, the court may allow any minor convicted of purchasing tobacco to perform community service and be granted a credit against up to one-half the fine and court costs at the rate of five dollars for each hour of work performed.

See our related article on juvenile offenses in Colorado.

Call us for help…

If you or your child has been charged with a crime involving tobacco, alcohol or drugs, we invite you to contact our compassionate Colorado criminal defense lawyers for a free consultation.

Our skilled Colorado juvenile criminal defense lawyers have decades of experience defending clients accused of juvenile delinquency in both adult courts and the Colorado juvenile justice system.

We can reached by filling out the confidential form on this page, or by calling us at our Denver home office:

Colorado Legal Defense Group
4047 Tejon Street
Denver, CO 80211
(303) 222-0330



Free attorney consultations...

The attorneys at Shouse Law Group bring more than 100 years collective experience fighting for individuals. We're ready to fight for you. Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 855-LAW-FIRM for a free case evaluation.

Regain peace of mind...

Shouse Law Defense Group has multiple locations throughout California. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Office Locations

Shouse Law Group has multiple locations all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Call us 24/7 (855) 396-0370