Our Golden criminal defense lawyers build on our years of experience fighting for charge dismissals and reductions to achieve the best resolution possible for our clients. In this article, our Colorado criminal defense attorneys discuss:
- 1. Where are people jailed in Golden after being arrested?
- 2. How can I post bail?
- 3. Where is the Golden Courthouse?
- 4. Who are the Golden police?
- 5. Who prosecutes crimes?
- 6. What are common Golden crimes?
- 7. How do criminal charges get dropped?
- 8. Do I need an attorney?
1. Where are people jailed in Golden after being arrested?
2. How can I post bail?
The Jefferson County Jail takes cash or credit card for bail. People can also hire bail bondsmen to post bail. For more information, contact the jail at (303) 271-5444 or go to the Inmate Lookup page.
3. Where is the Golden courthouse?
The address is 911 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401. The phone number is (303) 384-8006. And hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
All other criminal cases in Golden are handled in the Jefferson County Combined Court, located at 100 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401. And the phone number is (720) 772-2500.
4. Who are the Golden police?
Golden law enforcement officers are typically employed by either:
- Golden Police Department. The station is located at 911 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401. The phone number is (303) 384-8045
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office. The station is located at 200 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80419. And the phone number is (303) 271-0211.
Note that motorists suspected of traffic infractions or criminal behavior on Colorado State Highway 58 may be cited or arrested by the Colorado State Patrol.
5. Who prosecutes crimes?
The Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office prosecutes criminal cases throughout Jefferson County. The office location is 500 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401. The phone number is (303) 271-6800.
But in Golden Municipal Court, the prosecutor is the City Attorney. The office is located at 911 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401. The phone number is (303) 384-8000.
6. What are common Golden crimes?
The Golden criminal justice system handles all types of cases, such as:
- DUI DUI per se, DWAI, or UDD;
- speeding (CRS 42-4-1101);
- domestic violence-related crimes;
- shoplifting (CRS 18-4-406);
- drug charges;
- assault or menacing (CRS 18-3-206);
- violation of a protective order (CRS 18-6-803.5); or
- sex crimes.
7. How do criminal charges get dropped?
Criminal defense attorneys scour all the available evidence to build a case that raises a reasonable doubt. And the best defense strategies hinge on the specific facts of each case.
Throughout the case, defense attorneys negotiate with prosecutors in attempt to get the charges dismissed or reduced. In most cases, the D.A. will agree to a plea deal in exchange for not going to trial.
8. Do I need an attorney?
Defendants are always advised to hire experienced attorneys if at all possible. Unlike public defenders, private counsel has the time and resources to aggressively fight each case. And though it should not make a difference, deputy district attorneys are always more amenable to making a deal if the defendant has private counsel.
Have you been arrested in Golden for driving under the influence, a drug crime, a violent crime, or another offense? Our experienced criminal defense attorneys have a long track record of getting criminal charges lessened or dismissed. Our law group can usually achieve a beneficial resolution with no trial. But if necessary, we use our extensive trial experience to fight for an acquittal.
Our Denver, CO criminal defense lawyers provide legal services to clients in Denver, Colorado Springs, Broomfield, Lakewood, Arapahoe County, Littleton, El Paso County, Greeley, and throughout northern and southern Colorado in both state- and federal courts. Our law office’s practice areas also include personal injury, family law, employment law, and estate planning in addition to criminal defense legal issues.
The AVVO- and Super Lawyers-rated attorneys in the law office of Colorado Legal Defense Group are former prosecutors and deputy public defenders and are all in good standing with the Colorado Bar Association. The initial consultation with our defense firm is free, so call today.
Se habla español.