Can I drive in Nevada with a foreign driver's license from another country?

Posted by Neil Shouse | Mar 19, 2018 | 0 Comments

Yes, people with a valid and current driver's license issued from a foreign country may drive in Nevada. Once the foreign license expires, then the person will need to get the foreign license renewed or...if eligible...get a Nevada driver's license.

Some immigrants such as green card-holders may be eligible for a Nevada driver's license. However, tourists and exchange students are never eligible for a Nevada driver's license. Non-citizens may contact the Nevada DMV and provide them with their status code to learn whether they may be eligible for a license.

Eligible foreigners who wish to get a Nevada driver's license are required to take a:

  • written test,
  • vision test, and
  • on-road test

Also see our article about driver's licenses for illegal aliens in Nevada.

About the Author

Neil Shouse

A former Los Angeles prosecutor, attorney Neil Shouse graduated with honors from UC Berkeley and Harvard Law School (and completed additional graduate studies at MIT). He has been featured on CNN, Good Morning America, Dr Phil, Court TV, The Today Show and Court TV. Mr Shouse has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Criminal and Top 100 Civil Attorneys.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Comments have been disabled.

Free attorney consultations...

The attorneys at Shouse Law Group bring more than 100 years collective experience fighting for individuals. We're ready to fight for you. Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 855-LAW-FIRM for a free case evaluation.

Regain peace of mind...

Shouse Law Defense Group has multiple locations throughout California. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Office Locations

Shouse Law Group has multiple locations all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Call us 24/7 (855) 396-0370