How long does a DUI stay on your record in Nevada?

Posted by Neil Shouse | Mar 05, 2018 | 0 Comments

Nevada misdemeanor convictions for first-time DUIs and second-time DUIs must stay on the defendant's criminal record for at least seven (7) years before the defendant can petition the court to seal the record.

Meanwhile, felony DUI convictions in Nevada...which comprise third-time DUIs and DUIs causing injury or death...may never be sealed from the defendant's record.

If a misdemeanor DUI charge gets reduced to a misdemeanor reckless driving conviction, then the defendant may pursue a record seal one (1) year after the case ends.

And if the DUI case gets dismissed completely, then the defendant can pursue a record seal right away. There is no waiting time.

Learn more about sealing DUI records in Nevada.

DUI offense in Nevada

Record seal wait time

Felony DUI

  • Third-time DUI or
  • DUI resulting in serious injury or death

May never be sealed

Misdemeanor DUI

  • First-time DUI or
  • Second-time DUI

7 years after the case ends

Misdemeanor Reckless Driving

1 year after the case ends

Dismissal of the DUI charge/ no conviction at all

No wait time

About the Author

Neil Shouse

Southern California DUI Defense attorney Neil Shouse graduated with honors from UC Berkeley and Harvard Law School (and completed additional graduate studies at MIT).


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Comments have been disabled.

Free attorney consultations...

Our attorneys want to hear your side of the story. Contact us 24/7 to schedule a FREE consultation with a criminal defense lawyer. We may be able to get your charges reduced or even dismissed altogether. And if necessary, we will champion your case all the way to trial.

Regain peace of mind...

Shouse Law Defense Group has multiple locations throughout California. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

Office Locations

Shouse Law Group has multiple locations all across California, Nevada, and Colorado. Click Office Locations to find out which office is right for you.

To contact us, please select your state:

Call us 24/7 (855) 396-0370