Diana Figueroa is an immigration paralegal in the Los Angeles offices of Shouse Law Group.
She is often the main point of contact between clients, the courts and attorneys on both sides of the case.
Diana works closely with the attorneys in the office, preparing forms, applications, and declarations, and gathering evidence in support of them.
Cases she works on include those involving:
- Removal (deportation),
- Asylum and other help for refugees,
- Battered spouses and children,
- Visa and waiver denials,
- Emergency parole, and
- Adjustment of status / green card.
Diana understands what her clients are going through. She was born and raised in East Los Angeles, the child of an undocumented Mexican mother and an undocumented father from El Salvador.
She has seen firsthand how difficult the legal system can be for immigrants to the U.S. Her own mother wasn't able to see the rest of her family for almost 15 years.
Inspired by her parents' struggles and her desire to help other immigrants keep their families together, Diana became a paralegal. She now deals with cases in and before:
- Immigration court (including working with clients in detention),
- S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS),
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE),
- The Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA),
- The Office of Administrative Appeals (AAO) and
- The United States Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit.
Diana speaks both English and Spanish fluently. Clients who need help with status updates, scheduling, documents or anything else can easily reach Diana by email or phone.
In her spare time, Diana enjoys art and works at the Museum of Contemporary Art proving information to patrons.
Also read the bio page of Shouse Law Operations Manager Sean Lee