Although owning a firearm is perfectly legal in Nevada, there are many crimes where using or carrying a gun can make you vulnerable to arrest and serious penalties. And if you are an immigrant or other non-citizen, being convicted of a firearm crime in Nevada can even get you deported.
Our Las Vegas firearms offense lawyers have dedicated this part of the website to explaining the Nevada firearms laws in a simple way. Click on the appropriate links below to learn more about carrying concealed weapons, theft crimes involving firearms, immigration penalties for firearms offenses, and several other Nevada crimes where firearms play a role:
- The Legal Definition of Firearm in Nevada, and Registration Laws (NRS 202)
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon/firearm in Nevada (NRS 202)
- Firearm Offenses by Immigrant and Non-citizens in Nevada (8 USC 1227(a)(2)(C))
- Theft crimes involving the Use of Firearms in Nevada (NRS 205)
- Domestic Violence and Firearms (NRS 33)
- Use of Firearms in Commission of a Crime in Nevada (NRS 193)
- Laws Regulating Sale, Purchase, and Manufacture of Firearms in Nevada (NRS 202)
- Other Unlawful Uses of Firearms in Nevada (NRS 202)
- Firearms in Juvenile Law (NRS 62)
- Hunting with Firearms (NRS 502)
- Ex-Felon in possession of a firearm (NRS 202.360)
- Aiming a gun at a human being (NRS 202.290)
- Changing a gun's serial number; Possession of gun with a changed serial number (NRS 202.277)
- Possessing a Gun while Under the Influence (NRS 202.257)
- Brandishing a Firearm (NRS 202.320)
- Unlawfully aiding a child to possess a gun (NRS 202.300)
- Discharging a gun from a building or vehicle (NRS 202.287)
If you or someone you know has been arrested or charged with a firearms offense in Nevada, please call our Las Vegas firearms offense lawyers at 702-DEFENSE (702-333-3673) to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. We may be able to plead down your firearm charges or have them dismissed completely, and we are always ready to take your case to trial.
To learn about California firearms laws, go to our informational article on California firearms laws.