With twenty-two years on the job, Las Vegas criminal defense attorney Michael Becker knows how to negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss your charges and minimize your penalties. If your case does go to trial, he has the experience of having defended nearly a hundred jury trials, many of which resulted in full acquittals or hung juries.
Several prestigious attorney organizations have recognized Michael Becker's legal achievements: He has been named to such shortlists as The National Trial Lawyers' "Top 100" Criminal Defense Attorneys, The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys' "10 Best" Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, and The National Advocacy for DUI Defense "Nationally Ranked Superior DUI Attorney". And he is also the only attorney in the world to have a earned a Perfect 100 rating on lawyer.com.
Nevada criminal defense attorney Michael Becker is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law and the University of Southern California. He also belongs to the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
American Immigrant Lawyers Association member Amber Fuhriman's niche is representing immigrant clients whether they are facing criminal charges or seeking legal status. She guides non-citizens through the process of obtaining visas, green cards, and ultimately citizenship, and she helps non-citizens charged with crimes in attempt to achieve a favorable resolution while also avoiding deportation. A Magna Cum Laude law school graduate, Amber has successfully argued in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Board of Immigration Appeals. She has also practiced in the areas of personal injury and family law.
A cum laude alumnus of UNLV's Boyd School of Law, Adam Solinger began honing his passion for criminal defense back in his undergraduate days by working as research assistant on such timely legal issues as medical marijuana and death with dignity. He supplemented his law school studies by externing for a local judge as well as participating in Moot Court and Client Counseling competitions. He is especially adept at negotiating tough cases that result in case dismissals and/or significant charge reductions with minimal penalties.
Brian hails from UNLV's Boyd School of Law, where he distinguished himself on the Juvenile Justice Clinic, the Community Service Committee, the Child Advocacy Law Association, as well as law review--the most prestigious and selective activity law students can be invited to join. The law review publishes Nevada Law Journal, where Brian served as both an editor and a writer; in fact, his student article won the law review's prize for best piece--the Carl W. Tobias "Excellence in Writing" Award. Brian also gained ample experience in the area of criminal law by clerking with the Honorable Michael P. Villani in the Eighth Judicial District Court. Brian's undergraduate degrees were in Criminology and Psychology.
A graduate of University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Amanda is especially skilled at sealing criminal records in Nevada, which greatly increases our clients' employment prospects. She is also experienced in bail reduction requests, suppression of evidence motions, and suppression of police interrogation motions. Amanda also holds a B.A. from the University of Arizona, where she graduated summa cum laude.
A U.S. Air Force vet, Jeremy Beasley's legal niche is family law. People facing divorce, child custody, guardianship, and paternity disputes rely on Jeremy to help them navigate family court and achieve favorable resolutions as quickly and painlessly as possible. A Summa Cum Laude college graduate, Jeremy has given back to the community by participating in the "Ask a Lawyer Program" for Legal Aid of Southern Nevada and the Truancy Diversion Project in North Las Vegas.
A graduate of UNLV Law School, Daria earned a Dean's Award and served on law review. Daria won the Carl W. Tobias "Excellence in Writing" Award for her law review note on prostitution laws in Nevada. She holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in film studies from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
The best defense is a good offense. A Harvard Law School alum, Las Vegas criminal defense lawyer Neil Shouse used to work as a deputy district attorney, so he knows firsthand the tactics and tricks the state use to convict citizens of crimes. Mr. Shouse now takes advantage of his five-years of experience as a prosecutor to ensure his clients have the most strategic and thorough defense achievable.
As a prosecutor, Neil Shouse handled over sixty jury trials and has won ninety-six percent of them. Also he has over three thousand DUI cases under his belt. An expert in criminal defense, Neil Shouse has been called upon to appear on Good Morning America, Court TV, Fox News, CNN and PBS.
Las Vegas criminal defense attorney Shouse graduated Harvard Law with honors, was an editor for a prominent law journal and had his thesis published in the National Quarterly on State and Local Government Law. He spent his undergraduate years at UC Berkeley, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa and with Highest Distinction.
Prior to his career in criminal law, Mr. Shouse was an associate at the civil law firm of Sidley Austin. While at Sidley, he litigated matters for some of the World's most prominent corporations, including Western Union, Metropolitan Life, AT&T and Microsoft.
Nevada criminal defense attorney Neil Shouse belongs to the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has also been selected to several prestigious attorney shortlists, including The National Trial Lawyers' "Top 100" Criminal Defense Attorneys, The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys' "10 Best" Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, The National Academy of Jurisprudence's "Premier 100", and The National Advocacy for DUI Defense "Nationally Ranked Superior DUI Attorney".
- William Simpson - William has two decades of experience as an investigator, including at a D.A.'s office where he witnessed the day-to-day happenings of the Criminal Grand Jury. Now he uses his firsthand account of how things go down "on the other side" to help our clients escape convictions.
- John Eisele - John has devoted his entire career to customer service, and he keeps our clients confident that their cases are being handled in the most effective and efficient way possible.
- Nancy Green - Nancy is devoted to keeping our clients informed about their cases, and she is always available to talk on evenings and weekends.
- David Kohlmeier - A former cop, Dave now uses his decades of experience to assist our attorneys in scrutinizing cases as well as guiding our clients through the legal process.
- Hazel Leviav - Se habla español. Hazel is especially experienced in personal injury proceedings and assists our attorneys helping clients recover damages after an accident.
- Erik Trolson - Often the first Las Vegas Defense Group team member our clients meet, Erik keeps the front of the house in order so our attorneys can do what do best.
- Karina Barrett - Se habla español. Karina has extensive paralegal experience in a wide variety of legal areas and is a huge asset to our attorneys.
- Beverly Martinez-Carvajal - Se habla español. Beverly is especially dedicated to our Hispanic clientele and keeping them empowered with knowledge and encouragement while their cases are pending.
Assistant Case Manager:
- Guadalupe Renteria - Se habla español. Lupe holds a B.A. from UNLV in International Business.