Inducing a child to commit prostitution
In Colorado, you induce child prostitution when, by word or action, you induce a child under 18 to engage in an act of prostitution.
This is a separate crime from 18-7-403 C.R.S. pandering of a child, which involves:
- Inducing a child to commit prostitution by menacing or criminal intimidation; or
- Knowingly arranging or offering to arrange a situation in which a child may practice prostitution.
Penalties for inducement of child prostitution
Inducement of child prostitution is a Colorado class 3 felony.
Punishment for inducing child prostitution includes a mandatory prison sentence. Consequences of Inducement of child prostitution, therefore, include:
- 4-12 years in prison, and
- Mandatory registration as a Colorado sex offender.
You may also be ordered to pay a fine of between $3,000 and $750,000.
Defenses to inducement of child prostitution
Defending charges of inducing child prostitution depend on the facts of your case. Some of the defenses we often see include (but are not limited to):
- You did not do or say anything to induce a child to engage in an act of prostitution,
- The “child” was 18 or older at the time of the alleged offense, or
- There was police misconduct, such as entrapment, an illegal search or a coerced confession.
Call us for help…
If you or someone you know has been charged with a sex crime or an offense related to child prostitution, we invite you call our Colorado criminal defense lawyers for help.
Our Colorado sex crimes lawyers have many years of defending clients on all types of human trafficking and sex offense charges.
Contact us for a free consultation and discover why we are considered some of the best sex crimes lawyers in Colorado.
Our lawyers represent clients in Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Fort Collins, Lakewood, Thornton, Arvada, Westminster, Centennial, Boulder and other Colorado locations.
In Denver, our conveniently located home office can be found at:
Colorado Legal Defense Group
1400 16th Street
16 Market Square
Denver CO 80202